Rental Information and Regulations
You will be mailed a copy of this that will need to be signed and returned to our office and is required on all bookings.
GUEST UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES:
Standard Trip Cancelation and CFAR
Carolina Resorts Realty has partnered with RentalGuardian.com and InsureStays to help safeguard your entire booking deposit and other prepaid non-refundable payments related to planned travel. We strongly encourage you to purchase the optional travel insurance – click here for more information – carolinaresorts.rentalguardian.com.
- Travel Insurance covers risks incidental to planned travel such as sickness, accidental injury, or death of you or a family member (or of a traveling companion), weather delays, natural disasters, unexpected changes in your employment, and many more specific reasons.
- In addition, for an additional charge, you can choose the optional CFAR benefit which pays up to 60% of pre-paid non-refundable charges should cancel for any reason not covered by standard travel insurance.
- The standard travel insurance coverage costs 7% of your total reservation invoice amount; if you include the optional CFAR benefits, the coverage cost is 9.8% of your total reservation invoice amount. The premium charged for travel insurance is generally non-refundable after 15 days of coverage purchase.
As a covered traveler, should you have a medical issue or experience trip delay or interruption due to unforeseen developments, you may initiate your claim by calling (833) 610-0736. For more information and to purchase this coverage please visit https://carolinaresorts.rentalguardian.com/ or consult your coverage documents.
Guests opting not to purchase travel insurance should be aware that per the terms and conditions in your rental agreement, refund-in-full of your reservation deposit(s) will not be available; therefore, your entire booking payment could be at risk.
As a part of your stay we have purchased for you a Vacation Rental Damage Protection Policy designed to cover unintentional/accidental damages to the rental unit interior that occur during your stay provided they are disclosed to management prior to check-out. This policy will pay a maximum benefit of $1,500 for any accidental damages. Damages that exceed $1,500 or are not covered under the plan will be charged to the credit card on file. If, during your stay at one of our rental properties, an insured person causes any damage to real or personal property of the unit as a result of inadvertent acts or omissions, the Insurer will reimburse the Insured for the cost of repair or replacement of such property up to a maximum benefit of $1,500. Certain terms and conditions apply. Full details of the Vacation Rental Damage coverage are contained in the Description of Coverage or Insurance Policy and you can click on the link here: https://carolinaresorts.tentalguardian.com. With this plan, you authorize and request Rental Guardian Travel Protection and Insurance Services to pay directly Carolina Resorts Realty, Inc. any amount payable under the terms and conditions of the Vacation. Accidental Damage protection covers Accidental. Damages up to $1500. It does not cover damage that was done intentionally nor does the basic coverage pay for accidental damage in excess of $1500. Guest will be responsible for accidental damages that exceeds $1500 and agree that this additional amount will be charged to the credit card on file. Guest is responsible for all damage that is/was intentional in nature.
- Guest agrees that a credit card shall be posted at check-in to serve as a SECURITY DEPOSIT to be used to indemnify (pay) the Owner and Agent for any damage caused by the guest to the rental unit grounds, furnishings, equipment and household items, therein, which occur during Guest’s occupancy. If guest prefers not to post a credit card for the security deposit then guest shall post a $500 deposit by cash or check. This is to include the cost of additional cleaning if unit is left excessively dirty. Guest must report any damages not caused by guest immediately after check-in.
- To honor 10AM Check-out and 4PM Check-in times. Sometimes due to reasons beyond management’s control a unit might not be ready by 4PM. If a unit is ready earlier than 4PM, guest may check in sooner as ready. Also rarely it might necessary to switch units due to conflicts in reservations for reasons beyond management’s control. All efforts will be made to notify guest of any changes when time permits. If a switch occurs it will always be to a comparable or upgraded unit.
- That he/she has no more in party than represented in the above appropriate box of this check-in form, or more than the unit will accommodate as counted by the number of beds in the unit.
- Guest understands that. Carolina Resorts Realty from Memorial Day to Labor Day rents weekly from Saturday to Saturday. Some exceptions are possible. Ask us. We can book 4 night stays over the summer as long as the stay does not include a Saturday night. Again some exceptions are possible. From Labor Day to Memorial Day we do offer 2 or 3 night minimum stays.
- Guest agrees NOT to run air conditioning nor heat with doors or windows open!!
- THAT NO PETS ARE ALLOWED.
- THAT NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED.
- Guest will receive PARKING PERMITS One/ 1BR, Two /2, 3 or 4 BR Three/5 BR (some exception).
- Motorcycles, RV’s Boats and Trailers are NOT allowed on most properties. (Call for details.) Some parking permits must be returned to our office as they are permanent tags and fees can apply if they are not turned back into the office. Guest must understand that there is a fee for lost permanent permits.
- All deposits made by Guest for Rental Accommodations shall be held in trust according to SC Law. As a general rule half is due at the time of the booking and the balance is due 60 days prior to arrival. (Some exceptions are possible)
- CANCELLATION POLICY: Travelers who cancel at least 60 days before their arrival date will receive a 100% refund less a 10% booking fee to offset credit card and booking fees. Reservations cancelled between 30 and 60 days will receive a 50% refund and bookings cancelled 30 days or less will not receive any refund. We regret when situations arise that necessitate a cancellation . We will work with our customers in some situations to reapply their deposits to another like reservations within the same year. (Generally speaking into an off peak season). IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT GUEST PURCHASE TRIP INSURANCE TO PROTECT YOUR DEPOSIT Funds received by the managing agent as escrow agent or trustee under this Reservation Agreement shall not be the property of the agent, but shall remain the property of the entitled person(s) as per South Carolina statutes.
- Per the South Carolina “Innkeepers Act”, Agent may terminate occupancy if guest or any member of his/her party violates any of the conditions of this agreement. Agent may terminate this contract and enter the premises by force or by statutory proceedings if occupancy by guest is deemed to be damaging rental unit. HOUSE PARTIES ARE PROHIBITED. Parents should be cautioned not to rent any Carolina Resort units for underage persons as this constitutes fraud per “Innkeepers Act”. Agent has the final authority in deciding if occupants are conducting a house party. Should agent discover occupancy by underage persons occupancy will not be permitted and deposit plus balance of monies paid will be forfeited. NO EXCEPTIONS. Agent rents strictly to persons 25 YEARS OR OLDER (If this booking is for a group then all persons in that group must be over the age of 25!!) We cater to couples AND golfers over 25 year of age and to families, that being parents with children, and/or relatives. If a house party is found to exist by underage persons, guests and members of that party agree to leave premises and to forfeit all monies paid. WE DO NOT ALLOW CHAPERONED GROUPS OF STUDENTS NOR INDIVIDUALS.
- Guest is responsible to check the number of nights, the arrival date and to confirm the rate, the unit type, and the view from the unit and details in the confirmation for accuracy and confirmation of booking details.
- Rates are subject to change and may vary as the season progresses. We do offer some seasonal discounts for last minute bookings. Your rate depends upon when the booking is made. Rates are higher for weekends and holiday periods in general. Confirmed rates will NOT be changed.
- Carolina Resorts Realty as Agent, or the Owner of the individual unit rented shall NOT be liable for damage or injury to guest or to any other person or to any property occurring on the premises or any part thereof, or in common areas thereof. Guest agrees to hold Agent and Owner harmless for any claims for ALL damages and or injury no matter how caused unless Agent or Owner is negligent in its duties. Agent and Owner will not be responsible for acts of theft or vandalism or damage to guest’s personal property.
- Rate adjustments are NOT made for failure of any appliance, equipment, pools nor elevators that are closed or not working as these things are out of management’s control. Refunds are not made for reasons such as cleaning or maintenance. If a guest needs housekeeping to return they are available to request this service. Housekeeper’s phone numbers are in your check-in package. We will also handle any maintenance requests in a timely manner.
- Guest agrees to allow repair persons into unit for repairs to unit and in the event of an emergency and for routine maintenance. Property management and rental management also has the right to enter this rental unit for emergencies, repairs and for routine inspection(s).
- Just before checkout Guest agrees to take all trash out of the rental and place in the properties dumpster or trash chute, to wash and or leave dirty dishes running in the automatic dishwasher on a cleaning cycle, to leave linens if rented bagged up on the floor in the main room and overall to leave the unit and the balcony tidy. We sincerely thank you for your efforts to leave the rental unit as clean as possible. Please let office know about anything the unit might need.
*PLEASE SIGN THIS AGREEMENT AND SEND BACK ASAP EITHER BY MAIL WITH A PERSONAL CHECK OR CASHIERS CHEQUE. OR BY FAX OR EMAIL WITH THE CREDIT CARD INFO FILLED-IN BELOW. Unless another choice is circled, I choose to pay for my booking by paying the advance deposit per the following schedule unless you want to set up a payment plan as follows
if a different AMOUNT (fill in amount) $___________. When you send this form back, indicate at the bottom of the page when you would like payments deducted. If you are using your credit card for the payment amount indicated above, please fill out the information below & FAX it to: 1-843-249-5034. DO NOT MAIL THIS FORM WITH CC# INFO . If you are using a credit card number that you have already given us, you do not need to add it below just write “on file” where it asks for card#. If you need to update the credit card info or use another card you have that option as well.
Visa/MC/AX Card# ____________________________________ Expiration Date __________________
Customer Verification or CV #________________ found on back in signature line of Visa & MC ( 3 digits) / and on front of AM EX ( 4 digits)
Mailing Address______________________________ City and State_____________________________ Credit Card Billing Zip Code__________________
__________________________________________________ __________________ Reservation #
Guest Signature Date
BY SIGNING THE ABOVE GUEST SIGNATURE, GUEST AUTHORIZES CHARGES TO CREDIT CARD FOR EACH OF THE ABOVE PAYMENTS. THESE SHALL INCLUDE AN INITIAL DOWN PAYMENT IF LESS THEN THE HALF AMOUNT, THE ADVANCE DEPOSIT AMOUNT OF ONE HALF, AND the FINAL PAYMENT, PURSUANT TO TERMS ABOVE. GUEST AGREES AND CERTIFIES THAT HE/SHE HAS READ CAREFULLY THE TERMS AND LIMITATIONS FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREES TO ABIDE BY SUCH TERMS & LIMITATIONS.